Secure funding to expand and enhance the educational experience of every student at Gorrie Elementary School.
Meet the Board of Directors
About the Foundation
Secure funding to expand and enhance the educational experience of every student at Gorrie Elementary School
- Purchasing educational tools that the district and/or state are unable to provide – be it technology, supplemental curriculum, valuable student services or teacher training
- Paying for teacher or personnel support salaries (e.g., M.A.G.I.C. tutoring and Gorrie Strings)
- Supporting sustainable multi-year educational projects (e.g., M.A.G.I.C clubs)
- Funding large-scale site improvements
- Maintaining/enhancing prior investments (e.g., Coliseum, recent sound system installed)
- Gorrie Strings
When Hillsborough County cut funding to all elementary violin programs,
Gorrie and Mitchell decided to partner and fully fund the program. All Kindergartners and 1st
graders receive string instruction from Mr. Timothy Dow as part of their curriculum. 2nd-5th
graders have the option to participate.
An invitation-only, no-fee program extended to those students, based upon
teacher assessment, in need of educational assistance
- M.A.G.I.C. Enrichment Clubs
After school fee-based clubs offered to enhance your child’s
overall experience at Gorrie. Each session, 4 per year, includes a variety of offerings (e.g.,
cooking, volleyball) to meet the diverse interests of our students.
- Operation Cutting Edge Technology: Phased initiative to update our school’s technology with an eventual goal to be a one to one device school
- Gorrie Grows grows: Expansion of our Gorrie garden to include a blueberry garden, seedling table, composting bins, and a worm farm
- Addition of filtered drinking fountains
The Foundation is only capable of funding these programs through the generous donations we receive from our parents and community partners. The Gorrie Gala is Foundation’s annual fundraiser. The Gala raises money through ticket sales, live/silent auctions and sponsorships. It is an amazing night out with great food, live music and the chance to make new connections with parents and teachers.
Over the past several years, the Foundation has funded many academic enhancements, technology/audio visual needs, campus beautification projects and other items.
- Academic Enhancements: Inner Explorer Program, BrainPop, Committee for Children Program, Wordly Wise
- Technology/Audio Visual: Grade Level Laptop Carts, Classroom Projectors, Student Hearing Aids, Large Format Projection Screen & Projector for Coliseum & Movie Night Events
- Campus Beautification & Initiatives: Gorrie Grows Initiative, Kindness Bathroom Beautification Project, Resurface Basketball Courts, First Grade Flower Tables, Year-round Landscaping and Lawn Maintenance
- Student Programs & Other Items: Unfunded portion of Strings & Tutoring Programs, Artome funding to cover 100% of Students, Washer/Dryer, Foundation Lecture Series, Media Center Support, Teacher of the Year Awards, Teacher Appreciation Week Contributions